Monday, January 4, 2010

Collin Thayer

With my second post, I guess it's only fair to give Collin a chance to speak. I absolutely adore Collin. He smart, witty, and always has some sort of comeback on the tip of his tongue. But probably what I love the most about him is that he never gives up. No matter how hopeless his situation might appear, he keeps pushing onward, and helps teach Ethan to do the same thing.

Collin . . . .

I'm not one to complain much about things. When life happens, it happens - get over it, move on. Only thing is life didn't happen - I'm not exactly sure what did, but I know this much for certain . . . I'm not dead. I've watched enough late night television to know without a body there's no crime, and if there's no crime then . . . well, both judge and jury would have to say I'm alive. End of story. Case closed. And I really don't care how many Casper the freaky ghost comments Ethan throws my way trying to convince me I'm wrong.

Yeah, sure I can walk through walls(love, love, love doing that, it really freaks Ethan out), disappear and reappear at will, and once for purely experimental purposes only, I tripped Ethan's mom. For as crazy as it may seem, I actually thought Ethan would get a good laugh out of it. But damn was I wrong. His exact words - stay away from my mom - But hey, it's not like she was standing at the top of the stairs at the time. So, no harm no foul, right?

I'm not really sure why Ethan's the only one who can see or hear me. We're not related, and it's not like I knew him before I disappeared. So maybe it has something to do with the whole crazy no pulse thing he's got going on - hell, even I've got a faint heartbeat and I'm supposed to be dead one, so what does that make him?


Although I have my suspicions as to what he's becoming, I try not to bring the topic up too often . . . well, not true. I actually bring it up a helluva lot, but only cause it's kinda funny when he gets all angry and flustered. And believe me, when pretty much everyone thinks you're dead, you have to take your laughs where you can get them.

Yet for as angry as I've made him at times - for all the god-awful awkward situations he's endured because of me, he's stuck to his promise.

He said he would find me. I have no doubt he will . . . .




2 comments:

  1. LOVE! When do we get the next bit of awesomeness? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...! *hugs Collin* He's so - I wuff him!!!!

    ReplyDelete